- chef’s salad
- sour cream on the side
- a glass of iced tea
- wild salmon
- french fries
- steak and baked potato
- blue cheese dressing
- chocolate mousse
- lemon sorbet
|[PAM] The sirloin steak sounds really good.|
|[SALLY] I’m more interested in the salmon.|
|[WAITRESS] Are you ready to order?|
|[PAM] Umm, yes, I think so. I’ll have the sirloin steak, please.|
|[WAITRESS] Very good. And how would you like your steak?|
|[PAM] Medium rare, please.|
|[WAITRESS] Okay. And would you like a baked potato or french fries with that?|
|[PAM] A baked potato, please. And I’d like a little sour cream on the side.|
|[WAITRESS] Sure. And would you like something to drink?|
|[PAM] Yes. I’ll have a glass of iced tea.|
|[WAITRESS] Very good.|
|[SALLY] I’ll have the
|[WAITRESS] Okay. What kind of dressing would you like with your salad?|
|[SALLY] Blue cheese, please. And could I have that on the side?|
|[WAITRESS] Of course. Anything to drink?|
|[SALLY] Uh, I’ll also have a glass of iced tea.|
|[WAITRESS] Excellent. I’ll be right back with your tea.|
- A: Would you like a starter?
- B: The cheese appetizer sounds really good.
- A: Have you decided on your main course?
- B: Does the chicken entree come with rice?
- The steak is served with mashed potatoes and peas.
- The fish comes with rice and beans.
- Let’s get some extra side dishes for everybody at the table.
|For dessert, there’s tiramisu or lemon sorbet|
|The chicken is served with ice and green beans|
|The salad has a choice of three dressings|
|DO you want an appetizer or just a main course?|
|Let’s get some extra side dishes for everyone|
|The apple pie comes with vanila ice cream.|
You can use a lot of with both countable and uncountable nouns
- The garden salad has a lot of tomatoes.
- Is there a lot of bacon in the soup?
Use a few with countable nouns
- I can only eat a few oysters.
Use how many to ask about the amount of a countable noun.
- How much bread would you like?
Use a little with uncountable nouns
|WAITER: What can I get you ?|
|CUSTOMER: Um, could I have the Caesar salad to start?|
|WAITER: Certainly. And for your main course?|
|CUSTOMER: Does the chicken come with any vegetables?|
|WAITER: Yes, it does. It comes with peas and carrots.|
|CUSTOMER: Great. I’ll have the chicken, please.|
|WAITER: Would you like french fries or a baked potato with that?|
|CUSTOMER: Um, I’d like the french fries.|
|WAITER: And what would you like to drink ?|
|CUSTOMER: A cup of coffee, please.|
|WAITER: And would you like to order dessert now?|
|CUSTOMER: No, I’ll wait, thank you.|
Going to a restaurant L4 Asking for the check and paying the bill
1. Vocabulary check tip percent Serene Grill appetizers shrimp cocktail oysters authentic strawbe...
Going to a restaurant L2 Arriving at a restaurant
1. Vocabulary mushroom soup Caesar salad fresh oysters shrimp cocktail roasted chicken with veget...